(Jackson Street) Books on 7th is around the corner and on the internet tubes. We strive to be your full-service new and used bookstore, emphasizing good literature, progressive politics, and, of course, books about baseball. Opened in Hoquiam October 1, 2010

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Hollywood Musical Treat!

From Irving Berlin's Call Me Madam, a pleasant musical interlude between Ethel Merman and Donald O'Connor:



This is the song that drove home to me Berlin's propensity for composing on the black keys. A lovely duet.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Oh my, those glasses! I love 'em!

What a great song, a great duet, two great performers. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

As a very young lad, I recall sitting through every movie with Donald O'Conner waiting patiently for Francis the Talking Mule to show up. I was sorely disappointed most times, and am only recently developing an appreciation for these ol' musicals.