(Jackson Street) Books on 7th is around the corner and on the internet tubes. We strive to be your full-service new and used bookstore, emphasizing good literature, progressive politics, and, of course, books about baseball. Opened in Hoquiam October 1, 2010

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day One of Our New Life.

Here's a photo re-cap of the last couple weeks. We are eternally grateful to Rudy and Andy for pitching in and doing whatever needed to be done to get our butts moved. We really couldn't have done it without them.


The big truck of the household arrives in Aberdeen.

The cat who will not stay out of boxes any other time proved to be quite a difficult capture. Bubba is now quite happy in the new place.

There's a lovely dock just 3 blocks away.


The "new grandkids" get fishing lessons from a local dad.

Back to Seattle to empty out the storefront.

Still much to do, and we decide it will take one more truck.


The truck has a definite tilt. It must be the all books that lean to the left...


And now it's all in storage until the remodel is over.

4 comments:

mjs said...

I remember many years ago I took a bike ride from Orange County to Los Angeles, and actually rode through an intersection made famous in a song Dr. Demento played often: Pico & Sepulveda. At that intersection was a Sam's U-Drive lot and not much else. Cut to twenty-five years later, and I ride by a similar lot and the name of the company was "Suppose U Drive." I am waiting for the day when the sign says "Move it yourself and leave us the fuck alone."

That day will come, my friends. Mark my words.

++++

p.s. Congrats on the move. Change will do you good...

++++

SeattleDan said...

Spent my early years by the corner of Pico and Westwood, riding my bike around.

Then, again, I think Pico and Alvarado have us surrounded. All three sides!

Anonymous said...

So, is Jackson Street Books no more? You show pictures of your lovely new home in Hoquiam, but then mention the bookstore is undergoing a remodel(?). Does that mean the store will reopen at some point -- in its present location? Thanks!

Tammy said...

Hey CSSBL, JSB will be online sales, operating out of Hoquiam. But we will take appointments!

email me from the sidebar, and I'll fill you in. I need to put a linkie on the sidebar... tomorrow... sigh.