(Jackson Street) Books on 7th is around the corner and on the internet tubes. We strive to be your full-service new and used bookstore, emphasizing good literature, progressive politics, and, of course, books about baseball. Opened in Hoquiam October 1, 2010

Sunday, May 17, 2009

SL Photography

My Second Life friend Nickee Ninetails has entered a photo she created the set for and took, in world. If you have a Flickr account, please go favorite her picture. She wrote about her inspiration for this piece:


If you are interested in peeking at how this set (stage) was built, I'd be happy to show you in world. Just message me!

Here's a link to see Tim Burtons version of this scene
Big Fish Trailer, the first scene is my motivation

...and HERE, is my story

This past March marked the 4th anniversary of the day I gathered with family and friends to say a final goodbye to one of the classiest women I've ever known. Michel and I met when we were 6, did Girl Scouts, school, emotions and life with each other close in heart. We shared our baby stories and love stories and LIFE stories. My friendship with her has outlasted any relationship outside of family.

Her body held an old soul, who seemed to understand things far beyond the 'sight' of others.
She loved deeply.
She fought for what she believed to be right.
She learned to stand up for herself.
She learned how to be completely broken and rebuild.
My respect and love for her has no end.

Michel's legacy is one of honesty, strength, laughter, a love of holidays and of family. Her legacy lives on in those of us who knew her and were ever so fortunate to be graced with her smiles.

When she was so bravely battling the cancer that robbed us of her, she watched Tim Burton's Big Fish over and over again. Somehow it helped her start to say goodbye. She feared not being remembered by her youngest son, but she also told me this movie helped her remember the bright and happy things about life.

She is the inspiration for my Burtonesque choice.

Thank you for your consideration
~Nickee~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nod. I truly appreciate it!